The court postponed the demand for confiscation of properties of arms dealer Sanjay Bhandari.
Know the main points and gist of the news at a glance
Jagran correspondent, New Delhi. The court of the special judge at Rouse Avenue has postponed the order on the application of the Enforcement Directorate (ED), which has sought confiscation of the properties of arms dealer Sanjay Bhandari, who has been declared a fugitive economic offender. Now the order in this case will be pronounced on 28th February.
Special Judge Sanjay Jindal said that the order could not be prepared, hence it is being postponed. Earlier on January 31, the court had reserved the order on the ED's petition.
ED has argued that Bhandari has been declared a Fugitive Economic Offender (FEO) on July 5, 2025, after which the process of confiscation of his properties under the law is the next step. According to the agency, properties in India, Dubai and Britain linked to Bhandari, benami properties in Noida and Gurugram, immovable properties of Vasant Vihar, Panchsheel Shopping Complex and Shahpur Jat, bank accounts, jewelery and cash are subject to seizure. ED also said that letters will also be sent for confiscation of properties located abroad.
ED says that the purpose of the seizure action is to prevent the accused from avoiding trial by leaving the country. The agency told the court that so far no one has raised any objection to the properties in question.
However, senior advocate Maninder Singh, appearing for Bhandari, has argued that he is living legally in Britain and the London High Court has rejected his extradition on human rights grounds. He also argued that the amount of offense does not exceed Rs 100 crore, which is the required limit under the FEO law.
Also read- Delhi Police SHO saved the life of the car driver by giving CPR, the accident happened near Parliament House.
Chyawanprash is a part of every Indian's life, it reduces diseases and increases energy.